Join Lynn Langit for an in-depth discussion in this video Security, part of Cloud Computing Career Paths and Certifications: First Steps.
- [Instructor] So as we continue our mapping for IT Pro Operations, we're going to look at security. Now from the real world, I have often been called in for startups, where a group of developers would just push an app up to the cloud, and it's been hacked. So, there's definitely opportunities for cloud-based IT Pro security professionals with startups, but that being said, of course, they're going to be needed in the enterprise, as well. So, common skills that you need to have are understanding and being able to set up firewall rules for subnets and other security boundaries. A hot area is being able to map user, group, and service authentication and authorization, and, in more plain words, permissions.
In the enterprise in particular, mapping your directory system, which is often Active Directory, or something like that, to a public vendor cloud is a really hot area. Also, security auditing and compliance is in high demand, as companies that have, for example, HIPAA requirements or some other sort of compliance requirements, and they need to make sure that those are adhered to for their solution. So learning about that and gaining expertise is a real hot skill area.
- Reviewing IT pro, developer, analyst, and architect roles
- Reviewing IT pro skills, including virtualization, networking, and scripting
- Working with programming languages
- Reviewing AWS, Azure, GCP, and IBM certifications
- Reviewing cloud career paths
- Understanding emerging technologies and careers