Organizations implement security incident response policies so that they can respond quickly and effectively to potential incidents. In this video, learn the relationship between web application security testing and security incident response, as well as the steps you should take to ensure that you're adhering to this policy.
- [Narrator] Look, bad things are going to happen. … Whether accidental or intentional, … there's just no way around it. … But you can plan ahead. … That's where your security incident response policy … comes into play. … I don't know how many times I've uttered the phrase … language is important throughout my career. … And this is one of the main reasons why. … Security events, security incidents and security breaches, … those are three very different, very distinct things. … A security event is a single activity, … ideally one that you can capture in a log, … that could be either a success or a failure. … It could also be entirely benign … or potentially malicious in nature. … An event is just a thing that happened. … When you analyze one or more events … and detect an active threat, … someone or something that will harm the organization … unless you take action to stop them, … that's a security incident. … A security breach is a specific type of incident, … one that involves the loss of sensitive data. …
- Security frameworks
- OWASP Top Ten
- Building Security In Maturity Model (BSIMM)
- Planning your testing projects
- Creating security policies
- Source code reviews
- Application threat modeling
- Offline testing for OWASP Top Ten vulnerabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
DevSecOps: Automated Security Testingwith James Wickett1h 35m Intermediate
Security Testing Essential Trainingwith Jerod Brennen2h 48m Beginner
Security Testing: Nmap Security Scanningwith Mike Chapple1h 46m Intermediate
What you should know1m 17s
1. Leading Practices
2. Security Documentation
3. Source Code Security Reviews
4. Offline Testing for the OWASP Top Ten (2017)
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.