Organizations operating in the cloud face requirements for ensuring the auditability, traceability, and accountability of data events. In this video, Mike Chapple explains common event sources and identity attribution requirements.
- [Instructor] Logs are a treasure trove of information … for security professionals, … whether they're investigating an incident, … troubleshooting a technical problem, … or gathering evidence. … When logging is configured properly, … organizations can look at a specific event … and achieve three important objectives. … First, they can determine who caused the event. … That's a characteristic known as accountability, … or identity attribution. … Second, they can track down … all other events related to the investigated event. … That's a characteristic known as traceability. … And finally, … they can provide clear documentation of those actions. … That's auditability. … However, if you're like most security professionals, … you simply don't have the time to do a thorough job … of reviewing all of those logs. … There are simply far too many log entries … generated by systems, applications, … network devices, and other event sources every day, … and trudging through them … would be tedious, mind-numbing work. …
Note: This course is designed to cover the most recent version of the CCSP exam, released in August 2019.
- Block storage types
- Cloud storage security threats
- Encryption basics
- Choosing encryption algorithms
- Key management
- Public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Creating and revoking digital signatures
- Securing common protocols
- Data protection
- Information management
- Information rights management
- Logging security events
- Continuous security monitoring
Skill Level Intermediate
CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Securitywith Joseph Holbrook1h 31m Intermediate
1. Cloud Data Storage
3. Key Management
4. Public Key Infrastructure
5. Cryptographic Applications
6. Data Protection
7. Information Management
8. Data Event Auditability
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.