Learn about the most common cybersecurity threats that affect the modern workplace, and discover what you can do about them—both to protect yourself and your organization.
- I can't do my job without my laptop, my smartphone, and an internet connection. This reliance on digital tools means I can work from basically anywhere. While this is incredibly convenient, it has also completely changed the threat landscape. There are all sorts of new ways for hackers to steal data by exploiting mobile computing devices or breaching a company's internal private network. I work for a company that makes security software. But even if you don't work in tech, your company, undoubtedly store sensitive information digitally. Cybersecurity is relevant to me, it's relevant to you, it's relevant to everyone in this day and age. In this course, we're going to look at some of the most common cybersecurity threats and best practices you can use to protect yourself and your information. We'll look at phishing, social engineering, mobile security, and malware, among other topics that relate to cybersecurity in the workplace. Hi, I'm Caroline, really to cybersec information security industry since 2005. So join me in my LinkedIn learning course about cybersecurity at work, to learn how to protect your important data, no matter where you're working from, in the office, at home, from the airport or wherever. Cybersecurity risks and threats are real. And it's important for you to know how to protect yourself and your data.
- Protecting sensitive information in your physical office
- Avoiding malware attacks
- Social engineering attacks, such as voice phishing
- Avoiding security attacks on smartphones
- Identifying different types of email scams
- Best practices for working with both public and home Wi-Fi
- The benefits of using VPN
- Creating strong passwords
- Protecting company and employee information