Web scanning is a proactive means of identifying website vulnerabilities. One of the top six web scanning tools is Vega. In this video, learn how to use the Vega scanner to check a website for weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
- [Narrator] Let's start Vega now. … The main page shows the menu bar and four panels. … The website view, scan alerts, scan info, and identities. … These are all empty. … Notice at the top right, … we can select either the scanner view, … which we'll look at now, or the proxy view, … which we'll look at next. … We can use Vega as a scanner … to point to the websites and scanners. … Or we can use it as a proxy to monitor websites … as we visit them in our browser. … But right now I'll start by selecting the icon … at the top left. … The bullseye with a plus in it to start a scan. … When I select this icon, a panel pops up … for me to enter a target website address. … I have a website on school po. … So I'll enter … 10 do not dot two dot 31 … and I'll press next. … Vega then displays the test modules it's going to run. … As a standard, Vega will run 12 … of it's 17 predefined injection tests. … And 23 of it's 27 predefined response processing modules. … Once you become familiar … with what Vega provides in each test, …
- Hackers and the kill chain
- Viruses, spyware, and adware
- Detecting malware with Windows Defender
- Using Windows Firewall and Linux iptables
- Scanning with Nmap
- Monitoring network communications with Netcat
- Combating application-level threats
- Scanning a website to check for vulnerabilities
- Capturing intruders through packet inspection
Skill Level Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Why Cybersecurity?
4. Network Scanning
5. Network Connections
6. Vulnerability Scanning
7. Web Applications
8. Monitoring Packets
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.