Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Scanner maintenance, part of CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Vulnerability Management.
- [Instructor] As with any technology device, … vulnerability scanners require maintenance. … Most of this maintenance comes in the form … of making sure that you apply updates to the scanner … on a regular basis. … These updates come in two forms. … First, the scanner itself requires engine updates. … These are updates to the scanner's software … and may fix bugs or add new features to the scanner. … Scanning engine updates are relatively infrequent. … They come as often as you'd expect to update … any other piece of software that you run. … Second, you need to update your scanner's … vulnerability feed. … This feed contains the plugins that tell the scanner … what vulnerabilities to check on scanned systems. … You should update your plugins very frequently … so that you don't miss the ability to scan … for newly discovered vulnerabilities. … Let's take a look at how we configure updates in Nessus. … It's actually pretty easy to configure Nessus … to automatically update itself, just like you would …
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Configuring vulnerability scans
- Reporting scan results
- Barriers to vulnerability remediation
- Analyzing scan reports
- Common server, endpoint, and network vulnerabilities
- Software security issues, such as SQL injection
- Access control vulnerabilities
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Vulnerability Managementwith Lora Vaughn53m 54s Beginner
Learning Threat Modeling for Security Professionalswith Adam Shostack41m 41s Intermediate
Threat Modeling: Information Disclosure in Depthwith Adam Shostack29m 23s Intermediate
1. Creating a Vulnerability Management Program
2. Configuring and Executing Vulnerability Scans
3. Remediating Vulnerabilities
4. Analyzing Scan Results
5. Common Vulnerabilities
6. Software Security Issues
7. Specialized Technology Vulnerabilities
8. Access Control Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.