Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Scan perspective, part of CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Vulnerability Management.
- [Instructor] All vulnerability scans are not alike. … While you may set scans to test the same systems … using the same tool on the same ports and services, … there are still other factors that may affect what you see … in your scan results. … Let's talk about scan perspective. … The most important component of scan perspective … is the scanner's location on the network … relative to the systems being scanned. … For example, consider this typical network diagram, … showing a firewall that connects an organization … to the Internet and also segments a DMZ … that contains a web server that is accessible … to the outside world. … If, as in this diagram, … the vulnerability scanner is also in the DMZ, … the scanner has unrestricted access to the web server … because it doesn't need to pass through … the firewall to get there. … However, if the vulnerability scanner is instead located … on the internal network, … we have a totally different picture. … Now the vulnerability scanner's traffic …
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Configuring vulnerability scans
- Reporting scan results
- Barriers to vulnerability remediation
- Analyzing scan reports
- Common server, endpoint, and network vulnerabilities
- Software security issues, such as SQL injection
- Access control vulnerabilities
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Vulnerability Managementwith Lora Vaughn53m 54s Beginner
Learning Threat Modeling for Security Professionalswith Adam Shostack41m 41s Intermediate
Threat Modeling: Information Disclosure in Depthwith Adam Shostack29m 23s Intermediate
1. Creating a Vulnerability Management Program
2. Configuring and Executing Vulnerability Scans
3. Remediating Vulnerabilities
4. Analyzing Scan Results
5. Common Vulnerabilities
6. Software Security Issues
7. Specialized Technology Vulnerabilities
8. Access Control Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.