Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Scan frequency, part of CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Vulnerability Management.
- [Instructor] Once you've used your asset inventory … to develop a list of systems that you'd like to scan, … you next need to figure out … how often you'd like to scan them. … This may sound like a simple question. … After all, why wouldn't you just want to scan all … for your systems all of the time? … But there are some constraints … that require you to think carefully … about your scanning schedule. … First, you may have specific requirements imposed … upon you that dictate how often you conduct scans. … These may come from external sources … such as laws and regulations. … For example, if you're subject to PCI DSS, … you'll need to run scans at least quarterly … or you may have corporate policy requirements … that dictate the frequency of scanning systems. … Once you've cleared those regulatory requirements, … you'll also need to consider … your organization's risk appetite. … How long are you willing to go … without detecting a new vulnerability? … Does that risk appetite vary for systems …
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Configuring vulnerability scans
- Reporting scan results
- Barriers to vulnerability remediation
- Analyzing scan reports
- Common server, endpoint, and network vulnerabilities
- Software security issues, such as SQL injection
- Access control vulnerabilities
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Vulnerability Managementwith Lora Vaughn53m 54s Beginner
Learning Threat Modeling for Security Professionalswith Adam Shostack41m 41s Intermediate
Threat Modeling: Information Disclosure in Depthwith Adam Shostack29m 23s Intermediate
1. Creating a Vulnerability Management Program
2. Configuring and Executing Vulnerability Scans
3. Remediating Vulnerabilities
4. Analyzing Scan Results
5. Common Vulnerabilities
6. Software Security Issues
7. Specialized Technology Vulnerabilities
8. Access Control Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.