Join Lynn Langit for an in-depth discussion in this video Roles, part of Cloud Computing Career Paths and Certifications: First Steps.
- So you might be wondering, how do I get started? There's so much to learn. Well ultimately we're going to focus on roles, but in order to do that we're going to look at some different aspects of the roles or jobs that you're holding right now. So as I just said, we going to look at current roles that you would be having such as a developer or an IT pro and we're going to map those to the emerging cloud roles or job titles. In addition to that we're going to associate skills that you currently have with skills that are needed for these emerging cloud roles.
Also, we're going to take a look at various vendor certifications and how they map to these cloud roles and what skills you might need to have and study for and learn so that you can have success getting these certifications. We'll talk about which ones are most valuable in the market, too. We're going to then look even more deeply at career paths so for example you might be working as a developer right now and you might be interested in becoming not only a cloud developer but you might be interested in having a specialty that's super hot something like, for example, an IOT or an Internet Of Things Cloud Developer and then we're going to finish this course by looking at the future of cloud as I just said in the previous movie I have a unique perspective working directly with the major cloud vendors and I have some information to share with you about what I see as emerging in the future as well.
So I like to break things down, so that you can think in terms of categories. Now I realize that some of you might wear all of these hats, but for others you might take a look at the IT Pro, Developer, Analyst, or Architect roles and say, "Gosh, I'm an IT Pro, that's me." or "I'm an Architect, that's me." So, as I draw the mapping between the existing skills or roles and the emerging cloud skills and roles you can pick those that are most relevant to not only what your skills are now but what you're interested in.
- Reviewing IT pro, developer, analyst, and architect roles
- Reviewing IT pro skills, including virtualization, networking, and scripting
- Working with programming languages
- Reviewing AWS, Azure, GCP, and IBM certifications
- Reviewing cloud career paths
- Understanding emerging technologies and careers