Use View Administrator to configure roles and permissions for administrative staff. Configure custom roles and create access groups to limit the scope of permissions.
- [Rick] In this video, … So if I expand the view configuration area, … So at the moment, … we can see we have one administrator user or group, … and we can see the roles … that that particular user is assigned, … assign the administrators, … help desk administrators, … and the help desk administrators read only role. … So essentially what this user gets … is the union of all three of those roles. … everything in this role, … all of the permissions containing all three of those roles. … Now, what is a role? … Here we see our administrator role. … Global configuration, I can do entitlement of pools, … I can manage sessions, I can basically do anything at all. … That's our administrator. … Then we've got another prebuilt role … called the inventory administrators role. … And by the way, … if you're planning on taking the VCP-DTM exam, … the administrators role … and the inventory administrators role. … That's the bare minimum that you wana know pretty well. … So the inventory administrators role …
- VMware Horizon architecture
- Navigating options within Horizon Administrator
- PCoIP and Blast Extreme display protocols
- Linked-clone desktop pools
- Creating an instant-clone desktop pool
- Delivering Horizon applications
- Configuring roles and permissions
- Using Cloud Pod Architecture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Horizon Architecture
2. Display Protocols
3. Full Clone Desktop Pools
4. Linked Clone Desktop Pools
5. Instant Clone Desktop Pools
6. Horizon Printing and Device Connections
7. Delivering Horizon Applications
9. Design and Automation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.