When digital certificates are compromised, they must be revoked. In this video, Mike Chapple explains the mechanisms used to revoke digital certificates.
- [Instructor] The security of a digital certificate … depends upon the security of the private key … associated with that certificate. … If the certificate owner's private key is compromised, … the certificate authority needs a way … to revoke that digital certificate … so that it can't be used … to impersonate the owner. … There are two methods … for revoking a digital certificate. … Both are maintained by the certificate authority … who originally issued the certificate. … The first original approach … is the Certificate Revocation List, or CRL. … When the CA wishes to revoke … a digital certificate using the CRL, … it simply places the serial number … of that certificate on the list. … Anyone accessing the digital certificate … is responsible for downloading … the CA's Certificate Revocation List … and verifying that the serial number of the certificate … is not included on that list before relying on it. … This approach is a little inefficient, … because it often has time delays …
- Block storage types
- Cloud storage security threats
- Encryption basics
- Choosing encryption algorithms
- Key management
- Public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Creating and revoking digital signatures
- Securing common protocols
- Data protection
- Information management
- Information rights management
- Logging security events
- Continuous security monitoring
Skill Level Intermediate
CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Securitywith Joseph Holbrook1h 31m Intermediate
1. Cloud Data Storage
3. Key Management
4. Public Key Infrastructure
5. Cryptographic Applications
6. Data Protection
7. Information Management
8. Data Event Auditability
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.