Once you determine the cybersecurity career path you want to pursue, you want to gain a strong understanding of the types of jobs people do in that field. In this video, discover how to research security jobs, identify your skills gaps, and why it's important to create your own ideal job description.
- [Narrator] There's a treasure trove…of valuable information in cyber security job listings.…They might seem boring and unimportant,…but these job descriptions contain data…that can help you update your resume,…identify exactly what skills you need,…and even find the perfect job for you.…Imagine the ideal cybersecurity job description.…Something that captured exactly what you would love to do,…and required the skills you already have,…or plan to have soon.…What would that job description say?…If you're not sure, the good news is…it's easy to figure out.…
There are plenty of job listing sites.…LinkedIn, Indeed, and Dice, just to name a few.…Go to a site and search for a cybersecurity job…that you think might be a good fit for you.…So if you live in Seattle and you want…to be a security analyst,…search for security analyst jobs in Seattle.…If the job results that come up seem to match…what you're looking for, most job sites…will let you save your search,…so you don't have to enter it again.…Plus, many job sites will send you an email…
- Identifying your potential
- Targeting a career or specialization
- Researching jobs
- Locating training
- Shadowing cybersecurity experts
- Earning certifications
- Studying IT basics
- Revising your resume
- Applying for jobs
- Acing the interview
- Creating a professional brand
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Transitioning from an IT Career
3. Transitioning from a Non-IT Career
Studying IT basics3m 46s
4. Resume and Interview Strategies
5. Increasing Your Chances of Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.