Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Read-only partitions, part of Oracle 12c Release 2 New Features & The Oracle Cloud.
- [Instructor] Another great, new partitioning-related…feature in Oracle 12c Release 2 is the ability…to set specific partitions in Read-Only mode.…Previously, we can only set entire tables…in Read-Only mode but not individual table partitions.…When setting a table partition in Read-Only mode…users will be able to read data from the partition…but not modify data in the partition.…If we set a specific table partition to read-only mode…other partitions in the table will not be affected…and users can freely read and write data…in these partitions.…
This is very useful from an ILM…or Information Lifecycle Management perspective…because we might want to prevent archive data…in certain table partitions from being modified.…It's a great safeguard.…With Oracle 12c Release 2, we can naturally…transition partitions as they get older…into a read-only state.…Let's see this feature in action.…It's actually quite simple to use…and requires only a single command.…
Let's start by connecting to our Oracle instance…using the SysDBA user.…
- Registering for a new Oracle Cloud free trial account
- Creating an Oracle 12c R2 database in the Oracle Cloud
- Configuring SSH access to the database
- Advanced database configuration
- Connecting to your Oracle Cloud database
- PDB resource management
- PDB cloning
- PDB flashback
- Read-only partitions
- Transforming non-partitioned tables to partitioned tables automatically
- Creating a table for Exchange automatically
- Automatic list partitioning
Skill Level Intermediate
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
1. Oracle 12cR2 DB Overview
Oracle Cloud overview3m 26s
2. Create an Oracle 12c R2 DB in the Oracle Cloud
3. PDB Resource Management
4. PDB Hot Clone
5. PDB Flashback
6. Partitioning Enhancments
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.