Technical skills are only part of what makes a great tech. Techs must also possess professional communication skills to ensure that users get the support they need to do their jobs on their systems. This is the first of two parts that cover the communication skills every tech needs to provide that level of support.
- One of the big things on the CompTIA exam is the concept…of professional communication.…Now, if we're going to communicate I need a little help…so I got my buddy Robin who has been very kind,…and very patient, to help me explain to you guys some…of the more important aspects of professional communication.…So what we're going to do, if this is okay with you Robin,…we're going to do a little run through…and she's going to be a customer and I'm going to be the tech…and we're going to catch some of the important aspects…that you need to be aware of for the CompTIA exams.…So Robin are you ready to do this?…- Absolutely.…
- So, I've got a little set up here for you…so what I need you to do is kind of tell me,…so, what's the problem with your laptop there miss?…- So, I really have a problem with the touch screen.…It stopped working yesterday,…but I really need this for a meeting.…- Okay, so you got a problem with the touch screen?…Okay, now, a couple of things before we dive into this.…Number one, if I'm going to be in a situation…
- Communication skills for technical professionals
- Physical safety in the workplace
- Troubleshooting theory
- What is an operating system?
- 32-bit vs. 64-bit processing
- Virtual memory
- Windows editions and versions