Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Preventing SQL injection, part of CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Vulnerability Management.
- [Instructor] SQL injection attacks … prey upon the fact that many modern … dynamic web applications rely upon underlying databases … to generate dynamic content. … For example, a web application that relies upon … a simple database-driven authentication mechanism … might store unencrypted user passwords in a database, … and then when a user attempts to log in, … the application retrieves the correct password … from the database, and compares it … to the user's input. … If the passwords match, the user is successfully … logged into the system. … This is not a good way to implement password authentication … but it's the reality of how many websites work. … In this type of scenario, the web server requests … the password from the database using a query … written in the Structured Query Language, or SQL. … SQL is simply the language used by relational databases … that allows users and applications … to create, update, delete, and retrieve data. … You won't need to know how to write SQL queries …
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Configuring vulnerability scans
- Reporting scan results
- Barriers to vulnerability remediation
- Analyzing scan reports
- Common server, endpoint, and network vulnerabilities
- Software security issues, such as SQL injection
- Access control vulnerabilities
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Vulnerability Managementwith Lora Vaughn53m 54s Beginner
Learning Threat Modeling for Security Professionalswith Adam Shostack41m 41s Intermediate
Threat Modeling: Information Disclosure in Depthwith Adam Shostack29m 23s Intermediate
1. Creating a Vulnerability Management Program
2. Configuring and Executing Vulnerability Scans
3. Remediating Vulnerabilities
4. Analyzing Scan Results
5. Common Vulnerabilities
6. Software Security Issues
7. Specialized Technology Vulnerabilities
8. Access Control Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.