Seasoned application security testers document a repeatable process to ensure consistent results over time. In this video, learn about the tasks that you should include in your testing checklist.
- [Instructor] Performing a series of tests once … will provide you with some excellent insights, … but if you want to stay ahead of changes in your apps … and measure improvement over time, … you're going to want to create a testing checklist. … I'm a huge advocate for documenting repeatable processes, … especially when it comes to security testing. … Seasoned application security testers … know that these repeatable processes … will help them ensure consistent results over time. … Like documenting your testing checklist, … you'll establish a repeatable testing regimen … and you'll be able to measure your results over time … to determine whether or not your testing efforts … are having the desired results. … And measuring your results should absolutely … be a core consideration as you're designing … your offline application security testing activities. … Security should not be self-serving. … You're not running these tests just to keep everyone busy … or to check a compliance checkbox. …
- Security frameworks
- OWASP Top Ten
- Building Security In Maturity Model (BSIMM)
- Planning your testing projects
- Creating security policies
- Source code reviews
- Application threat modeling
- Offline testing for OWASP Top Ten vulnerabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
DevSecOps: Automated Security Testingwith James Wickett1h 35m Intermediate
Security Testing Essential Trainingwith Jerod Brennen2h 48m Beginner
Security Testing: Nmap Security Scanningwith Mike Chapple1h 46m Intermediate
What you should know1m 17s
1. Leading Practices
2. Security Documentation
3. Source Code Security Reviews
4. Offline Testing for the OWASP Top Ten (2017)
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.