Learn about the various components of password security policies.
- [Narrator] Password security has many levels. … System usernames are usually the same … as a user's email address, … so guessing that portion isn't difficult. … When an attacker gains access to a login prompt … and hammers away guessing passwords, … it's called an online attack. … When an attacker takes a hashed password … or other encrypted password and decrypts it, … this is called an offline attack. … It's for this reason that enterprises create and implement … a password policy. … This will not only dictate how complex a password must be … but also how frequently the password will expire … and need to be replaced. … Multifactor authentication is also another security measure … that can be applied to simple passwords. … Passwords are something you know … but multifactor will also test against something you have. … For example, some systems will allow you … to enter a username and password, … you will then be texted an additional password … that will allow you to proceed with the system. …
Note: A complete overview of the exam and registration instructions can be found at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/exams/current-list/ccna-200-301.html.
- Elements of a robust security program
- Password policy
- Access control lists
- Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI)
- Software-defined networking
- Software-Defined Access (SDA)
- Rest APIs
- Automation platforms