Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video PDB flashback prerequisites, part of Oracle 12c Release 2 New Features & The Oracle Cloud.
- [Instructor] Before we can use PDB flashback,…we first have to verify our database environment…meets certain prerequisites.…First, as with the prerequisites…for the PDB hot clone feature…we discussed earlier,…PDB flashback requires…that our container database…will be configured to use…the local Undo option.…We can quickly verify that local undo is enabled…by connecting to our Oracle instance…as the sysdba user.…I'll type: sqlplus as sysdba.…
And running a query against…the database_properties view.…You can find the query included…in your exercise file.…Let's copy the query…and paste it into our SQL plus window.…As you can see, local Undo…is enabled in my environment.…Remember, that's the default option…for Oracle 12 C release two databases…created in the Oracle cloud.…In addition,…before we can use PDB flashback,…we'll need to close the Oracle wallet…so that we won't get any…Master Key Not Found errors.…
Which can occur in certain environments…that haven't been specifically configured.…The reasons why,…are beyond the scope of this course.…
- Registering for a new Oracle Cloud free trial account
- Creating an Oracle 12c R2 database in the Oracle Cloud
- Configuring SSH access to the database
- Advanced database configuration
- Connecting to your Oracle Cloud database
- PDB resource management
- PDB cloning
- PDB flashback
- Read-only partitions
- Transforming non-partitioned tables to partitioned tables automatically
- Creating a table for Exchange automatically
- Automatic list partitioning
Skill Level Intermediate
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
1. Oracle 12cR2 DB Overview
Oracle Cloud overview3m 26s
2. Create an Oracle 12c R2 DB in the Oracle Cloud
3. PDB Resource Management
4. PDB Hot Clone
5. PDB Flashback
6. Partitioning Enhancments
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.