Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video PDB cloning prerequisites, part of Oracle 12c Release 2 New Features & The Oracle Cloud.
- [Narrator] Before we can start using the PDB Hot Clone…feature of Oracle 12 C Release 2,…there are two database prerequisites that we need…to verify in our environment before continuing.…First, the CDB or Container database…must be set in local and remote.…In Oracle 12 C Release 1, all Container databases…in an Oracle instance shared the same…undo table space inside the Root Container.…
In Oracle 12 C Release 2 each Container database…in an Oracle instance can now use its own…dedicated undo table space.…This type of undo management mechanism…is now called Local Undo Mode,…while the undo mechanism of previous Oracle 12 C Release 1…versions is now called Shared Undo Mode.…Local Undo Mode is the new default mode…in Oracle 12 C Release 2.…Additionally, the Container database…must be set in Archive Log Mode.…
We can easily check both settings…and make sure that our database is…configured to support PDB Hot Cloning.…We will start by connecting to our…Oracle 12 C Release 2 database instance.…We'll type sqlplus "/as sysdba.…
- Registering for a new Oracle Cloud free trial account
- Creating an Oracle 12c R2 database in the Oracle Cloud
- Configuring SSH access to the database
- Advanced database configuration
- Connecting to your Oracle Cloud database
- PDB resource management
- PDB cloning
- PDB flashback
- Read-only partitions
- Transforming non-partitioned tables to partitioned tables automatically
- Creating a table for Exchange automatically
- Automatic list partitioning
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
1. Oracle 12cR2 DB Overview
Oracle Cloud overview3m 26s
2. Create an Oracle 12c R2 DB in the Oracle Cloud
3. PDB Resource Management
4. PDB Hot Clone
5. PDB Flashback
6. Partitioning Enhancments
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.