The Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University is the most popular of the dashboards available today. Learn how to access (and make use of) this dashboard.
- [Presenter] The COVID-19 Dashboard presented … by the Center of Systems Science and Engineering … at Johns Hopkins University is currently … the most well established and most cited … of the dashboards available … that present COVID-19 information. … If you go to their main page … you can see that there are several versions … of the dashboard that is available. … There's a desktop version … as well as a mobile version. … Today we'll be covering the desktop version, … but if you're interested in the mobile version … you can access it via their website. … The data is also available for download … through a GitHub repository, … and Johns Hopkins also offers information … through their resource center. … The first thing to keep in mind is that the dashboard … actually presents two views, … and so depending on which dashboard you select … you will either get a US map or a world map. … So, let's take a look at the US map. … Today we're going to look at the US number of cases … on the Johns Hopkins Dashboard. …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- What is a dashboard?
- Identifying the underlying data
- Interpreting key metrics
- Navigating the John Hopkins COVID-19 dashboard
- Evaluating the IHME dashboard
- Assessing the risks and limitations of using the dashboard