There are many antivirus solutions you can use. In this video, learn about two additional tools, one for offline use called Defender Offline, and another for Linux called ClamAV.
- [Instructor] In Scan options, we have another form … of scan, which is Windows Defender Offline, or WDO. … This allows a scan to be run with no internet connection. … It's fully described on Microsoft Security site. … The USB bootable version of Windows Defender Offline … is also available for download from the Microsoft website. … WDO runs without loading the existing operating system … and can be used to detect rootkits, … which are sophisticated enough to hide themselves … from standard Windows Defender. … WDO looks and operates exactly like Windows Defender, … but has a limited configuration. … It offers just offline help and the settings tab … is limited to excluded files and file types. … Nevertheless, it's a great solution … for removing difficult viruses. … While the use of antivirus for Microsoft users … is pretty much mandatory, most Linux users … don't bother about antivirus. … This is because a Linux user account … typically doesn't have the level of privileges … that a Windows user account does. …
- Hackers and the kill chain
- Viruses, spyware, and adware
- Detecting malware with Windows Defender
- Using Windows Firewall and Linux iptables
- Scanning with Nmap
- Monitoring network communications with Netcat
- Combating application-level threats
- Scanning a website to check for vulnerabilities
- Capturing intruders through packet inspection
Skill Level Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Why Cybersecurity?
4. Network Scanning
5. Network Connections
6. Vulnerability Scanning
7. Web Applications
8. Monitoring Packets
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.