Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Oracle Databases 12cR2 overview, part of Oracle 12c Release 2 New Features & The Oracle Cloud.
- [Narrator] Oracle's latest database version,…Oracle 12c Release 2,…or 12.2 in short,…has been announced as a "Cloud First" product.…This means that, at least initially,…you cannot officially download and install…Oracle 12c Release 2 on your own server,…but instead deploy Oracle 12c Release 2…as a virtual database in the Oracle Cloud.…This is also known as a platform, as a service model,…where Oracle provides you with a complete…and functional Oracle database…that can easily be created…from the Oracle cloud web interface.…
No need to manually install and configure…your server operating system,…deploy the Oracle software, modify settings, and so on.…As you will see later in this course,…with only a few clicks through the Oracle Cloud Web UI,…you are ready to go.…This is quite different from what…database administrators are used to do…when it came to previous Oracle releases.…We are used to deploying Oracle databases…in a do-it-yourself approach,…where we start by logging on to Oracle.com,…downloading the latest version of the…
- Registering for a new Oracle Cloud free trial account
- Creating an Oracle 12c R2 database in the Oracle Cloud
- Configuring SSH access to the database
- Advanced database configuration
- Connecting to your Oracle Cloud database
- PDB resource management
- PDB cloning
- PDB flashback
- Read-only partitions
- Transforming non-partitioned tables to partitioned tables automatically
- Creating a table for Exchange automatically
- Automatic list partitioning
Skill Level Intermediate
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
1. Oracle 12cR2 DB Overview
Oracle Cloud overview3m 26s
2. Create an Oracle 12c R2 DB in the Oracle Cloud
3. PDB Resource Management
4. PDB Hot Clone
5. PDB Flashback
6. Partitioning Enhancments
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.