Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Oracle Cloud overview, part of Oracle 12c Release 2 New Features & The Oracle Cloud.
- [Instructor] Before we'll start discussing…the Oracle Cloud and Oracle Database 12c Release 2,…we need to understand some basic concepts…when it comes to cloud computing.…Now this is not a full-blown cloud computing course,…so let's try and keep our explanations short…and to the point.…To put it as simple as possible,…cloud computing is a term used…to describe a bunch of servers,…storage, network, and infrastructure components…that are operated by an external company.…
Meaning, that that company takes care…of all of the maintenance, also known as baby sitting,…that is required to keep the servers…and storage systems running smoothly and at peak efficiency.…They allow you to list access to those systems on demand,…and you usually pay by the amount…of server resources you use and by the hour.…They basically give you a black box,…one or more virtual servers that they will maintain…and you can just use without worrying…about the nitty gritty of data center operations.…
You don't need or have physical access…to those virtual servers allocated for you,…
- Registering for a new Oracle Cloud free trial account
- Creating an Oracle 12c R2 database in the Oracle Cloud
- Configuring SSH access to the database
- Advanced database configuration
- Connecting to your Oracle Cloud database
- PDB resource management
- PDB cloning
- PDB flashback
- Read-only partitions
- Transforming non-partitioned tables to partitioned tables automatically
- Creating a table for Exchange automatically
- Automatic list partitioning
Skill Level Intermediate
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
1. Oracle 12cR2 DB Overview
Oracle Cloud overview3m 26s
2. Create an Oracle 12c R2 DB in the Oracle Cloud
3. PDB Resource Management
4. PDB Hot Clone
5. PDB Flashback
6. Partitioning Enhancments
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.