- Registering for a new Oracle Cloud free trial account
- Creating an Oracle 12c R2 database in the Oracle Cloud
- Configuring SSH access to the database
- Advanced database configuration
- Connecting to your Oracle Cloud database
- PDB resource management
- PDB cloning
- PDB flashback
- Read-only partitions
- Transforming non-partitioned tables to partitioned tables automatically
- Creating a table for Exchange automatically
- Automatic list partitioning
Skill Level Intermediate
- [David] Hey, I'm David Yahalom, and welcome to Oracle 12c Release 2: New Features and the Oracle Cloud. In this course, we will take a hands-on approach to demonstrate some of the most interesting and exciting new features of Oracle's latest Database version and learn everything you need to know to create your own Oracle databases in the Oracle Cloud. We will start with an introduction to the Oracle Cloud Platform, how we can register for a free trial account, and how we can create and connect to a database in the Oracle Cloud.
Following that, we will learn how Oracle 12c Release 2 improves the multitenancy capabilities of the previous Oracle 12c Release 1 Database with features such as PDB resource management, PDB flashback, and PDB hot clone. We will also explore some of the new partitioning enhancements available such as automatic list partitioning, and many, many more. So, get comfortable, grab a good cup of coffee or a tea, and let's start exploring Oracle 12c Release 2 and the Oracle Cloud.