- Security frameworks
- OWASP Top Ten
- Building Security In Maturity Model (BSIMM)
- Planning your testing projects
- Creating security policies
- Source code reviews
- Application threat modeling
- Offline testing for OWASP Top Ten vulnerabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Jerod] When testing web applications for potential security vulnerabilities, those tests fall into one of two overarching categories, offline tests and online tests. With offline testing, you won't be interacting directly with the deployed instance of your in scope application. The key benefit is that this form of testing is generally considered safer to the application. The trade off is that the results are more likely to be limited than those you would generate from online testing. Both types of testing have value, and you should make every effort to perform both offline and online testing of the business critical apps in your environment. Hello, I'm Jerod Brennen. I've been working in information security long enough to have earned every gray hair in my beard, and I want to share what I've learned over the years to help you begin applying that same knowledge today. Are you ready to learn how to conduct offline application security testing? Good, let's get started.
DevSecOps: Automated Security Testingwith James Wickett1h 35m Intermediate
Security Testing Essential Trainingwith Jerod Brennen2h 48m Beginner
Security Testing: Nmap Security Scanningwith Mike Chapple1h 46m Intermediate
What you should know1m 17s
1. Leading Practices
2. Security Documentation
3. Source Code Security Reviews
4. Offline Testing for the OWASP Top Ten (2017)
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.