Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project), part of CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Vulnerability Management.
- [Instructor] Web security vulnerabilities are among … the trickiest problems tackled … by cyber security professionals. … The Open Web Application Security Project, or OWASP, … maintains a list of the top ten web security vulnerabilities … that cyber security analysts should understand … and defend against to maintain secure web services. … The current version of the OWASP Top 10 was developed … in 2017. … According to OWASP, the top 10 web security issues … are, injection attacks, broken authentication, … sensitive data exposure, XML external … entities attacks, broken access control, security … misconfiguration, cross-site scripting vulnerabilities, … insecure deserialization, using components with … known vulnerabilities, and insufficient logging … and monitoring. … We'll take a little deeper look at each one of these issues … in this video and then I'll use individual videos … to dive into even more detail on some of the more … complicated challenges. … Injection flaws occur when an attacker is able to insert …
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Configuring vulnerability scans
- Reporting scan results
- Barriers to vulnerability remediation
- Analyzing scan reports
- Common server, endpoint, and network vulnerabilities
- Software security issues, such as SQL injection
- Access control vulnerabilities
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Vulnerability Managementwith Lora Vaughn53m 54s Beginner
Learning Threat Modeling for Security Professionalswith Adam Shostack41m 41s Intermediate
Threat Modeling: Information Disclosure in Depthwith Adam Shostack29m 23s Intermediate
1. Creating a Vulnerability Management Program
2. Configuring and Executing Vulnerability Scans
3. Remediating Vulnerabilities
4. Analyzing Scan Results
5. Common Vulnerabilities
6. Software Security Issues
7. Specialized Technology Vulnerabilities
8. Access Control Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.