Join Marc Menninger for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Transitioning to a Career in Cybersecurity.
- [Marc] By following the process I outlined…in this course you can make the switch to cybersecurity.…If you're still searching for the right path for you…start by completing any remaining exercises…that go with the videos in this course.…Those will help guide you in the right direction.…Then fill in your knowledge gaps…and gain the experience required…to launch your cybersecurity career.…Update your resume then start applying for jobs…in your target security role.…If you keep building your skills and applying…for the right jobs you should get an offer…that matches your career objectives.…
As you begin your journey I suggest following…security news and trends.…There are many sites that will keep you up to date…on the latest happenings in security,…including Threatpost, CNET Security News, and CSO News.…You can also have security news sent to you…by subscribing to newsletters like SANS Newsbites.…To explore cybersecurity career paths and certifications…you can take my LinkedIn Learning course…IT Security Career Paths and Certifications.…
- Identifying your potential
- Targeting a career or specialization
- Researching jobs
- Locating training
- Shadowing cybersecurity experts
- Earning certifications
- Studying IT basics
- Revising your resume
- Applying for jobs
- Acing the interview
- Creating a professional brand
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Transitioning from an IT Career
3. Transitioning from a Non-IT Career
Studying IT basics3m 46s
4. Resume and Interview Strategies
5. Increasing Your Chances of Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.