Join Malcolm Shore for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Cybersecurity for IT Professionals.
- [Instructor] In this course, … you've learned about cybersecurity in a practical way … using basic tools to monitor for vulnerabilities. … Now that you've completed this course, … you have a good understanding of … what kind of attacks to look for … and how you can use cybersecurity tools … to protect your networks and systems. … We've only brushed the surface of cybersecurity … in this course … and I'd encourage you to continue learning … by looking in more detail at some of the many … interesting areas of cybersecurity. … I'd like to invite you to go to my LinkedIn Learning page … and check out my other security courses. … You'll find a number of cybersecurity courses on my page … covering web and network testing, … wireless technologies, … the security of cloud and the internet of things. … If you plan a career in penetration testing, … you can follow our LinkedIn Learning … Path to the Certified Ethical Hacker qualification … as well as more advanced courses suited to preparing for …
- Hackers and the kill chain
- Viruses, spyware, and adware
- Detecting malware with Windows Defender
- Using Windows Firewall and Linux iptables
- Scanning with Nmap
- Monitoring network communications with Netcat
- Combating application-level threats
- Scanning a website to check for vulnerabilities
- Capturing intruders through packet inspection
Skill Level Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Why Cybersecurity?
4. Network Scanning
5. Network Connections
6. Vulnerability Scanning
7. Web Applications
8. Monitoring Packets
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.