Join Emma Osborn for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Learning Supply Chain Cybersecurity.
- [Emma] In this module … we've been exploring supply chain cybersecurity. … It's safe to say that supply chain isn't easy. … There's a complex ecosystem to map out and influence. … Compromises are often made in security … to achieve other business goals. … Different businesses have different requirements … that conflict when passed on to their suppliers. … It's challenging to quantify risk … between organizations when nobody has … total visibility of the problem. … A supply chain security requires a culture shift … in how businesses manage relationships. … There are established supply chain cybersecurity processes: … the standards, the development of policies … and compliance frameworks, … adapting employees' responsibilities across the business, … prioritizing collaboration and communication, … making security easier for smaller suppliers, … and combatting complexity within the business. … If you've got to the end of this course … and you're inspired to learn some more, … you might want to look up the standards we've discussed, …
- Recognize how business and technology together create a supply chain cybersecurity problem.
- Identify how cybersecurity defines and maintains boundaries.
- Analyze how common cybersecurity practices compare to supply chain security issues.
- Give examples of how cybersecurity is implemented throughout an organization.
- Differentiate between prescriptive-based requirements and goal-based cybersecurity, with an identified supply chain risk.
- Provide evidence for why communicating about cybersecurity between businesses can be daunting.