Lisa Bock summarizes Ethical Hacking-System Hacking. The material covered some of the ways to obtain a password, then ways to escalate your privileges and execute applications. Lisa Bock discussed spyware, capturing screen activity, and Keyloggers. I’ve reviewed how to hide in plain sight using alternate data streams and Steganography, and then she discussed ways cover your tracks.
- [Voiceover] Thank you for watching Ethical Hacking: System Hacking. I've covered some of the ways to obtain a password and then once obtained, ways to escalate your privileges and execute applications. I've discussed spyware, capturing screen activity, and keyloggers. I've reviewed how to hide in plain sight, using alternate data streams and steganography. And then I discussed ways to cover your tracks. If you're interested in learning more, please check out the other IT courses in our library.
New material is added all the time. If you're interested in learning more about packet analysis, check out my Wireshark course. If you're interested in learning about encryption, check out Essentials of Cryptography. And you might want to check out the Foundations of IT Security. If you're ready to continue your journey as an ethical hacker, be sure to watch the other courses in the series. I hope to see you again soon.
These tutorials, along with the other courses featured in the Ethical Hacking series, will prepare students to pass the Certified Ethical Hacker exam and start a career in this in-demand field. Find out more about the exam at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Acquiring passwords
- Generating rainbow tables
- Understanding where passwords are stored
- Defending against privilege escalation
- Understanding spyware
- Protecting against keylogging
- Detecting steganography
- How hackers cover their tracks