Join Jerod Brennen for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Offline Application Security Testing Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Thank you so much for taking the time … to learn about offline application security testing. … You should be able to begin applying … what you've learned in this course right away. … But there's only so much we can cover … in the time allotted for a course like this one, … and I wouldn't be doing right by you … unless I shared additional resources … that might help you along after you wrap up here. … Now that you're equipped with all of this … application security testing knowledge, what's next? … Well, you should put it into practice, that's what. … I can't emphasize enough how important it is … that you build out and maintain your lab environment. … Whether it's a series of virtual machines on your laptop, … a collection of VMs on a dedicated segment in your office, … or a cloud tenant that you use … specifically for training and testing, … it's crucial that you have somewhere … you can go to keep your skills sharp. … If you don't have a lab, build one. … The lab doesn't have to be complicated. …
- Security frameworks
- OWASP Top Ten
- Building Security In Maturity Model (BSIMM)
- Planning your testing projects
- Creating security policies
- Source code reviews
- Application threat modeling
- Offline testing for OWASP Top Ten vulnerabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
DevSecOps: Automated Security Testingwith James Wickett1h 35m Intermediate
Security Testing Essential Trainingwith Jerod Brennen2h 48m Beginner
Security Testing: Nmap Security Scanningwith Mike Chapple1h 46m Intermediate
What you should know1m 17s
1. Leading Practices
2. Security Documentation
3. Source Code Security Reviews
4. Offline Testing for the OWASP Top Ten (2017)
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.