In this video, learn how the skill set in IT needs to change.
- [Instructor] Let's look at the new skills we need … for cloud computing. … Couple of things to remember here is number one, … you need to splurge on training. … Ultimately, this is about you taking people … in your organization that are loyal to you, … and changing their skill set so they can adapt … to the evolution and the adoption of cloud-based systems. … Sometimes, however, you need to hire outside consultants … for the first project and basically engage them as mentors, … and so, they should be able to train people … as well as doing things. … And you have to remember … that you're going to have to repeat this over and over again … for the next several years … and the ability to understand or basically provide … on-the-job training is going to be paramount. … Always evaluate and market costs for talent. … Ultimately, cloud computing people are going to be expensive … because there's a scarcity of those resources right now … and that obviously drives up price … and we need to figure out what we can afford now …
- Types of clouds: SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS
- Identifying the data and applications to move to the cloud
- Migration planning
- Selecting a cloud provider
- Cloud security
- Cloud operations
- Approaching management and monitoring
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
Azure Administration Essential Trainingwith David Elfassy2h 45m Intermediate
1. Cloud Computing Basics
2. Cloud Computing Planning
3. Cloud Security
4. Cloud Operations
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.