Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video New partitioning features, part of Oracle 12c Release 2 New Features & The Oracle Cloud.
- [Instructor] Oracle 12c Release 2 includes a lot…of new features that are specifically targeted toward…improving table partitioning.…In this chapter, we are going to discuss four of the…most important new features related to table partitioning.…First, we're going to talk about how we can easily…modify a nonpartitioned table and convert it to a…partitioned table using a single command.…Next, we're going to talk about how we can set individual…partitions to be read only.…
After that, we're going to talk about how we can easily…create tables specifically for…an exchange partition command.…And, finally, we're going to talk about automatic…list partitioning, allowing Oracle to automatically…create new partitions based on values for newly…inserted rows.…
- Registering for a new Oracle Cloud free trial account
- Creating an Oracle 12c R2 database in the Oracle Cloud
- Configuring SSH access to the database
- Advanced database configuration
- Connecting to your Oracle Cloud database
- PDB resource management
- PDB cloning
- PDB flashback
- Read-only partitions
- Transforming non-partitioned tables to partitioned tables automatically
- Creating a table for Exchange automatically
- Automatic list partitioning
Skill Level Intermediate
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
1. Oracle 12cR2 DB Overview
Oracle Cloud overview3m 26s
2. Create an Oracle 12c R2 DB in the Oracle Cloud
3. PDB Resource Management
4. PDB Hot Clone
5. PDB Flashback
6. Partitioning Enhancments
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.