Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Network vulnerabilities, part of CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Vulnerability Management.
- [Instructor] Our networks are complex … and carry large quantities of sensitive information … on a regular basis. … There are several categories of vulnerabilities … that might arise in our network infrastructure, … network appliances, and networking protocols. … Let's dive into some examples. … Some of the most common network vulnerabilities … that we see come from either the failure … to apply encryption to sensitive data … or misconfigurations in the way that we handle encryption. … Topping the list are issues associated with SSL and TLS. … These encryption protocols are very widely used … and provide security for many of the applications … that we use every day. … HTTPS relies upon them for encrypted web traffic, … VPNs use them for secure network links, … and SSH, SCP, and other administrative tools … rely on them to provide encryption. … There are three categories of SSL … and TLS issues that we'll discuss. … First, you might encounter outdated protocols. … Even though people still use the term SSL …
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Configuring vulnerability scans
- Reporting scan results
- Barriers to vulnerability remediation
- Analyzing scan reports
- Common server, endpoint, and network vulnerabilities
- Software security issues, such as SQL injection
- Access control vulnerabilities
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Vulnerability Managementwith Lora Vaughn53m 54s Beginner
Learning Threat Modeling for Security Professionalswith Adam Shostack41m 41s Intermediate
Threat Modeling: Information Disclosure in Depthwith Adam Shostack29m 23s Intermediate
1. Creating a Vulnerability Management Program
2. Configuring and Executing Vulnerability Scans
3. Remediating Vulnerabilities
4. Analyzing Scan Results
5. Common Vulnerabilities
6. Software Security Issues
7. Specialized Technology Vulnerabilities
8. Access Control Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.