In this video, learn how to approach management and monitoring.
- [Instructor] So let's talk about the inside baseball … of monitoring and management Cloud, shall we? … So, what's important here … is that monitoring, as with security, … is one of the most important parts of CloudOps, … and so your ability to have an ongoing dashboard, … and you're gathering information as to what's going on, … allows you to be proactive instead of reactive … when solving issues. … So the management aspect means that we're understanding … how to be more proactive going forward, … and that we're gathering data. … We always know the state of our systems. … We always know when things are likely to occur, … and we're always able to take preventative action … to make sure that they don't occur. … If it's some sort of an issue … such as a storage system going down, … such as a compute system going down. … We need to be able to become more proactive … than we are right now. … So, monitoring and measurement practice … provides you with a proven and proactive way … to monitor the performance of various workloads …
- Types of clouds: SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS
- Identifying the data and applications to move to the cloud
- Migration planning
- Selecting a cloud provider
- Cloud security
- Cloud operations
- Approaching management and monitoring
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
Azure Administration Essential Trainingwith David Elfassy2h 45m Intermediate
1. Cloud Computing Basics
2. Cloud Computing Planning
3. Cloud Security
4. Cloud Operations
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.