Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Modify a table to a partitioned table, part of Oracle 12c Release 2 New Features & The Oracle Cloud.
- [Narrator] Oracle 12c release two…now includes the capability to transform…a non-partitioned table into a partitioned table online,…that is, without downtime.…DML operations can continue to run…against the sourced table.…This entire process can be done…using a single command.…Let's see it in action.…We'll start by connecting to our Oracle instance…as the sysdba user.…So I'll type sqlplus as sysdba.…
I'll also set my environment…to run commands against the source…underscore pdp database which we created…in our previous video.…So, alter session set…container equals source underscore pdb.…Be sure that you have already created this…source underscore pdp database,…otherwise this command will fail.…We'll now create a simple…non-partitioned table called sales.…You can find the create table command…included in your exercise file.…
We'll simply copy this command…and paste it into our sqlplus window.…We'll verify that the table, in its current state,…has zero partitions as expected…because we have created a non-partitioned table.…
- Registering for a new Oracle Cloud free trial account
- Creating an Oracle 12c R2 database in the Oracle Cloud
- Configuring SSH access to the database
- Advanced database configuration
- Connecting to your Oracle Cloud database
- PDB resource management
- PDB cloning
- PDB flashback
- Read-only partitions
- Transforming non-partitioned tables to partitioned tables automatically
- Creating a table for Exchange automatically
- Automatic list partitioning
Skill Level Intermediate
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
1. Oracle 12cR2 DB Overview
Oracle Cloud overview3m 26s
2. Create an Oracle 12c R2 DB in the Oracle Cloud
3. PDB Resource Management
4. PDB Hot Clone
5. PDB Flashback
6. Partitioning Enhancments
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.