There are other important metrics to consider. Learn how to view and access additional reports.
- [Instructor] When we look at dashboard metrics, … we also want to keep in mind … that the data being represented can be different. … By that I mean, are we looking at direct number of cases … or an aggregated, consolidated report, … a calculation or a model? … And these four things are different … because of the way that the data is collected, … reported and calculated. … In the case of data, that is straight data, and reporting, … those are cases where the number is represented … by the people who have actually either been identified … as being infected … or has reported that they are infected with the disease. … In aggregated and consolidated reports, … we take that information and we will aggregate it … into a total number for a region or for certain scenarios. … For instance, in John Hopkins University's dashboard, … we see total number hospitalized as being presented … for the states that have cumulative hospital data. … In the case of aggregated and consolidated reports, … we want to keep in mind that …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- What is a dashboard?
- Identifying the underlying data
- Interpreting key metrics
- Navigating the John Hopkins COVID-19 dashboard
- Evaluating the IHME dashboard
- Assessing the risks and limitations of using the dashboard