You've accepted an offer for your ideal cybersecurity job, and now it's time to make the transition. In this video, discover tactics that can make the transition as smooth as possible. Learn the best way to let your current boss know that you're leaving, as well as what you should do in the first 90 days at your new job.
- [Narrator] Congratulations.…You've accepted your first cyber security job offer.…Now it's time to make that transition.…But first, you need to leave your current job.…Quitting a job is always delicate.…It's especially hard if you like the people…and company you work for.…There are right ways and wrong ways to do this.…You should write a resignation letter…outlining your career goals…and why this new job is the right direction for you.…Then present it to your boss…and explain the situation.…
When you start your new job,…it may be a while before you get oriented…to your new environment.…But as you're getting used to your surroundings,…see if you can find areas related to your job…where you may be able to make quick wins…that lead to significant improvements.…Your goal is to make a good first impression…to your boss and peers as early as possible.…Try to find three to five of these opportunities…in your first 30 days.…Of those areas, I recommend focusing on accomplishing…two in your first 90 days.…
To decide which two,…
- Identifying your potential
- Targeting a career or specialization
- Researching jobs
- Locating training
- Shadowing cybersecurity experts
- Earning certifications
- Studying IT basics
- Revising your resume
- Applying for jobs
- Acing the interview
- Creating a professional brand
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Transitioning from an IT Career
3. Transitioning from a Non-IT Career
Studying IT basics3m 46s
4. Resume and Interview Strategies
5. Increasing Your Chances of Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.