Your current workplace probably has many security systems in place to protect the organization from attackers. As someone in IT, you may have access to some of these systems or know someone who does. Learn the steps you can take to become familiar with these systems to improve your security experience and understanding of how security is implemented.
- [Instructor] If you're already in an IT environment,…you're probably familiar with some of the security systems…that protect your organization.…You might even need to work with some security systems…like firewalls, anti-malware,…or identity and access management.…Becoming more familiar with these systems can be a great way…to boost your security experience…and understanding of how security is implemented.…In the exercise that goes with this video is a sheet…that lists many of the most common security solutions…and systems in use today.…
Work with your IT and security colleagues…to help fill in the technologies and brands of systems…that your organization uses.…If you're organization doesn't have anything in place…for a particular security system on the list,…is there a reason?…Or are there compensating controls…that make the missing system unnecessary?…When you've completed the worksheet, look at reviews…of the security systems in your organization.…Go to sites like Spiceworks product reviews…or Gartner markets reviews…
- Identifying your potential
- Targeting a career or specialization
- Researching jobs
- Locating training
- Shadowing cybersecurity experts
- Earning certifications
- Studying IT basics
- Revising your resume
- Applying for jobs
- Acing the interview
- Creating a professional brand
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Transitioning from an IT Career
3. Transitioning from a Non-IT Career
Studying IT basics3m 46s
4. Resume and Interview Strategies
5. Increasing Your Chances of Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.