The cmdlets to create a Lagged Mailbox Database copies are presented as a resilience feature to protect form replicating corruption throughout an Exchange DAG.
- [Instructor] In the video on backups,…I left one scenario out.…One reason to need a type of backup.…When it comes to databases,…we also need to consider the corruption of the database.…If you get corruption in a highly available…database availability group,…replicating that database to multiple locations,…you run the risk of copying the corrupt data…around the organization as well.…The Exchange Server feature designed to combat this risk…is a lagged copy.…
If we have a database availability group…with four servers at two sites,…we can designate one of our servers to stay behind…on the synchronization.…This will save us in the event of malware…or some other event that corrupts the mailbox database.…Normal operation would synchronize the database,…corruption and all, except to that lagged copy.…But before I run the commandlet to set the lag time,…I need to decide how much delay is useful.…
In my experience, during work hours,…users will usually tell me pretty quickly…if the Exchange Server has a problem.…When this happens, I can dismount all of my current copies,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and managing database storage
- Setting database requirements
- Storage architecture
- Virtualization scenarios
- Creating and managing mailbox databases
- Failure domains and SLA requirements
- Proper placement of a file share witness
- Site resilient DAG
- Troubleshooting database replication, performance, and database failure
- Planning for SLA recovery requirements
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Plan and Manage Database Storage
2. High Availability Mailbox Databases
3. Site Resilient DAG
4. Troubleshooting Mailbox Databases
5. Backup and Recovery Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.