When you've transitioned to a cybersecurity career, your journey doesn't stop there. You've only just begun. In this video, Marc shares his five keys to succeeding in your cybersecurity career. Discover how these simple-sounding concepts can help you develop a long-term security career and learn about the value of learning and following these keys to success.
- [Instructor] When you launch your cybersecurity career,…I want you to have the greatest chance of success,…so I'll share with you what I consider…to be five keys to success.…These are traits I have consistently seen in colleagues…who've enjoyed long and rewarding cybersecurity careers.…They are being a lifelong learner.…Security is always evolving.…Keep learning and building relevant experience…so you never fall behind.…Stay up-to-date with security news and trends…so you can understand how the changing security landscape…could impact you and your organization.…
Mastering security skills.…No matter where you are in your security career,…you can always improve your security skills.…Continue attending cybersecurity conferences…and pursuing certifications or degrees to hone your skills.…Developing soft skills.…In many ways, cybersecurity is about people…as much as it's about technology.…Build strong communication and interpersonal skills…to help convey the message of good security.…Networking with cybersecurity professionals.…
- Identifying your potential
- Targeting a career or specialization
- Researching jobs
- Locating training
- Shadowing cybersecurity experts
- Earning certifications
- Studying IT basics
- Revising your resume
- Applying for jobs
- Acing the interview
- Creating a professional brand
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Transitioning from an IT Career
3. Transitioning from a Non-IT Career
Studying IT basics3m 46s
4. Resume and Interview Strategies
5. Increasing Your Chances of Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.