A software keystroke logger runs in the background and can capture and record every keystroke, any print activity, and any web pages visited. Reports can be run or even sent via email, through the network or by FTP. In this video, Lisa Bock demonstrates ActualKeylogger, to capture screen activity and via the resultant report.
- [Voiceover] A software keystroke logger…can monitor and log all types of activity…that's happening on the screen.…I'll do a simple example of a keystroke logger,…but first, we're going to have to go get some software.…I'm at the website, ActualKeylogger,…where you can download a free trial,…and install it and run it yourself.…I've already downloaded this,…but you can read a little bit more…about what it can do for you.…Here we can see some of the Keylogger software features,…now you can take a look at what it's going to do…in the background it's going to…say which applications are run,…which ones are closed, all the keystrokes that are pressed,…anything that's copied to the keyboard,…any print activity, any internet connections…and all websites that are visited,…so you can see behind the scenes what is being captured.…
I've brought up Actual Keylogger,…just take a look at some of the options.…We haven't started to monitor,…but when I'm ready, I'll click that.…You can see it will monitor PC activity,…any internet activity, any reports then when we're done,…
These tutorials, along with the other courses featured in the Ethical Hacking series, will prepare students to pass the Certified Ethical Hacker exam and start a career in this in-demand field. Find out more about the exam at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Acquiring passwords
- Generating rainbow tables
- Understanding where passwords are stored
- Defending against privilege escalation
- Understanding spyware
- Protecting against keylogging
- Detecting steganography
- How hackers cover their tracks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. System Hacking Overview
2. Gaining Access
3. Privilege Escalation
6. Hiding in Plain Sight
7. Cover Your Tracks
How to cover your tracks2m 34s
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.