Prepare for the CompTIA A+ Core 2 (220-1002) exam. Get professional communication tips for IT pros and learn about fundamental operating system types, microprocessing, and RAM.
- Hey everybody, it's Mike Meyers welcoming you to Cert Prep One, Safety and Professionalism. This is the first of eight courses which together will help you pass the CompTIA Core Two 220-1002 exam. Now, if you're familiar with my books, you're going to find that my videos tend to follow my books pretty closely. I change things from time-to-time, but it follows along pretty well. Now, you got to be careful with the exams. Keep in mind that this is for the 220-1002. However, CompTIA is notorious for doing a little bit of overlap between the 1001 and 1002 exams, so even though this is a 1002 course, if you happen to see a couple of 1001s, you might want to pay attention to that. Now, also, at the end of this course, I'm going to have, in the course listing, a PDF resource. Now, this resource just helps you track the objectives on the actual exam to the different episodes for this course, so you might want to check that out. However, we're starting with number one, and this is safety and professionalism. So, what we're going to be covering primarily more than anything else is going to be professional communication. We're going to generate scenarios on the right way to talk to people to make sure that they don't get angry at you and you get the job done. After that, we're going to be moving into the world of the visible computer. At this point, what we're going to be doing is, this is kind of what I call the cloud and boxes. You'd be surprised how many people don't even really know what a computer is, and that's what this is going to be all about. As we get into this we're going to be talking about the concept of users, we're going to talk about why Windows, and then we're also going to take a tour of both the MacOS as well as Linux, because it ain't just a Windows world. Now, if you are tracking along with my popular A+ McGraw-Hill book, you're going to be watching chapters one and two.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Communication skills for technical professionals
- Physical safety in the workplace
- Troubleshooting theory
- What is an operating system?
- 32-bit vs. 64-bit processing
- Virtual memory
- Windows editions and versions