- A simple explanation of classical computing
- Drivers of a next generation of computing
- The basics of quantum mechanics
- How does quantum computing work?
- Superposition in quantum computing
- Quantum computing implementations
- Current and potential new uses for quantum computing
- Opportunities for enterprises and individuals
Skill Level Intermediate
- Imagine for a moment two particles, each on opposite sides of the universe. Now when one changes direction it is pointed, the other instantly changes too. These two particles don't have any apparent connection, and yet they are inexplicably linked. This is what Albert Einstein called spooky action at a distance, and it's one of the remarkable characteristics of physics of the very small. Leveraging this science, known as quantum mechanics, the operating system of nature is the basis for a completely new form of computational power. With the current progress of research and development, quantum-based computing may eventually be millions of times faster than the computing power that we all use today inside our smart phones, laptop computers, and other devices. Hi I'm Jonathan Reichental and I'm delighted to introduce you to the fundamentals of quantum computing. This new model of information processing has moved from the theoretical to reality with quantum computers beginning to be used for scientific and commercial use. That said, we're still in the emergence of quantum computing as a viable mainstream offering. Each day that passes gets us a little bit closer. Finally, before we get started, find two coins and have them on hand. I'll be demonstrating several concepts that you could also participate in. Now is the time to begin to learn about quantum computing. I'll introduce this complex topic to you in plain, simple terms. Although occasionally I'll get a little technical to address certain curiosities. Join me as we discover the remarkable and mind bending universe of quantum computing.