Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to PDB resource management, part of Oracle 12c Release 2 New Features & The Oracle Cloud.
- [Narrator] Resource Management in a…multitenant database environment is super important.…One of the hallmark features of Oracle 12c…is multitenancy…and the ability to host multiple container databases…under the same single Oracle Instance.…However, a single pluggable database,…generating a lot of I/O,…can impact the performance of other pluggable databases…running under the same Oracle Instance…and probably sharing the same storage subsystem.…With the previous Oracle 12c Release 1 database version,…there wasn't really an easy way to control…the amount of disk I/O utilization individual,…pluggable databases were allowed to generate.…
This could be a recipe for problems.…Imagine that you have created a…consolidate database instance…providing service to many of your customers,…each has it's own dedicated pluggable database, or PDB.…What happens if one of your customers…suddenly decides to run some very heavy workloads,…such as reporting or analytics,…in their dedicated pluggable databases?…Because the customers' PDB,…
- Registering for a new Oracle Cloud free trial account
- Creating an Oracle 12c R2 database in the Oracle Cloud
- Configuring SSH access to the database
- Advanced database configuration
- Connecting to your Oracle Cloud database
- PDB resource management
- PDB cloning
- PDB flashback
- Read-only partitions
- Transforming non-partitioned tables to partitioned tables automatically
- Creating a table for Exchange automatically
- Automatic list partitioning
Skill Level Intermediate
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
1. Oracle 12cR2 DB Overview
Oracle Cloud overview3m 26s
2. Create an Oracle 12c R2 DB in the Oracle Cloud
3. PDB Resource Management
4. PDB Hot Clone
5. PDB Flashback
6. Partitioning Enhancments
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.