Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to PDB hot clone, part of Oracle 12c Release 2 New Features & The Oracle Cloud.
- [Narrator] The ability to clone…a running database…and create a copy of that database,…is a super important feature…especially in a multi tenant database environment.…For example,…it allows us the capability and flexibility…of rapid provisioning…of new databases for new customers…or applications based on existing database.…Or for example,…creating tests or QA development databases…based on production databases, on the fly.…
In the previous Oracle 12 C release one version,…you had the ability to clone…an existing pluggable database…and create a new pluggable database…but, you had to make sure your source pluggable database…is set to read only mode…before the clone process can begin.…This can cause interruptions…for your production environment…and essentially, down time.…No new transactions can be executed…on your source pluggable database…during the cloning process.…
It essentially makes the PDB cloning an offline operation…that requires a lot of planning,…downtime,…and coordination…so that we can minimize the effect…
- Registering for a new Oracle Cloud free trial account
- Creating an Oracle 12c R2 database in the Oracle Cloud
- Configuring SSH access to the database
- Advanced database configuration
- Connecting to your Oracle Cloud database
- PDB resource management
- PDB cloning
- PDB flashback
- Read-only partitions
- Transforming non-partitioned tables to partitioned tables automatically
- Creating a table for Exchange automatically
- Automatic list partitioning
Skill Level Intermediate
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
1. Oracle 12cR2 DB Overview
Oracle Cloud overview3m 26s
2. Create an Oracle 12c R2 DB in the Oracle Cloud
3. PDB Resource Management
4. PDB Hot Clone
5. PDB Flashback
6. Partitioning Enhancments
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.