Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to PDB flashback, part of Oracle 12c Release 2 New Features & The Oracle Cloud.
- [David] Another new and exciting feature…of Oracle 12c Release 2 is called PDB Flashback.…Using this feature, we can now flashback…an individual pluggable database…to a previous point in time, essentially rolling back…any changes which have occurred to our PDB…after a specified point in time.…Think of this feature as a PDB time machine.…Did a user accidentally delete data,…drop tables, maybe updated the wrong rows?…Well, no problem.…
Using PDB flashback, we can revert any changes…done to the PDB after a specified point in time.…This is a great way to recover from human errors,…which are probably the major cause of database downtime…and data loss in production Oracle environment.…In Oracle 12c Release 1,…the previous version of the Oracle Database,…flashback database capabilities…were limited to the root container,…and with it affecting all of the pluggable databases…under our Oracle instance.…
Oracle Database 12c Release 2 changes that…and now supports flashback…of an individual pluggable database.…This makes the flashback capabilities…
- Registering for a new Oracle Cloud free trial account
- Creating an Oracle 12c R2 database in the Oracle Cloud
- Configuring SSH access to the database
- Advanced database configuration
- Connecting to your Oracle Cloud database
- PDB resource management
- PDB cloning
- PDB flashback
- Read-only partitions
- Transforming non-partitioned tables to partitioned tables automatically
- Creating a table for Exchange automatically
- Automatic list partitioning
Skill Level Intermediate
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
1. Oracle 12cR2 DB Overview
Oracle Cloud overview3m 26s
2. Create an Oracle 12c R2 DB in the Oracle Cloud
3. PDB Resource Management
4. PDB Hot Clone
5. PDB Flashback
6. Partitioning Enhancments
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.