The IHME dashboard provides insights into COVID-19 data. Learn how to access and utilize the IHME dashboard.
- [Instructor] One alternative … to the Johns Hopkins University dashboard … is a COVID-19 projections dashboard that is provided … by the Institute for Health Metrics and evaluation, … the IHME at the University of Washington. … This dashboard is very different than John Hopkins … in that it provides mostly information … about the expected impact of certain scenarios, … such as easy mandate, and the usage of masks. … Is intended to be used to project the expected load … of more infected cases … on the hospital resource system … and is intended to provide information … that can be used for policy decisions. … The IHME dashboard, provides several different views … into the expected impact of COVID-19 … in the different scenarios. … For instance, you can see the total deaths, … the daily deaths, the infection and testing, … the hospital resource use and social distancing. … You can also select different areas … using the dropdown at the top of the screen … and select different countries …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- What is a dashboard?
- Identifying the underlying data
- Interpreting key metrics
- Navigating the John Hopkins COVID-19 dashboard
- Evaluating the IHME dashboard
- Assessing the risks and limitations of using the dashboard