Microsoft bundles an excellent antivirus solution called Window Defender with Windows. In this video, see how to access Defender and become familiar with its interface and functions.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at how Windows … deals with the problem of viruses and PUPs. … The Windows operating system is designed … to make it easy for software to execute. … But, unfortunately, this provides … a great opportunity for malicious software to find a way in. … There are many antivirus products available for Windows, … including Microsoft's own product, Windows Defender. … Defender presents its main screen, … providing a summary of the protection currently in place. … Let's select Virus & Threat Protection. … We can see that there are no current threats, … and the last scan was conducted on the 5th of February. … At the bottom of the screen, … we can see that the last update of signatures … was on the 7th of February, at 6:06 PM. … Let's check our settings. … We can see that real-time protection is on, … but cloud-delivered protection is off. … Real-time protection continually monitors … the registry and file system, … to make sure malware isn't being introduced, … and that changes are not being made to applications …
- Hackers and the kill chain
- Viruses, spyware, and adware
- Detecting malware with Windows Defender
- Using Windows Firewall and Linux iptables
- Scanning with Nmap
- Monitoring network communications with Netcat
- Combating application-level threats
- Scanning a website to check for vulnerabilities
- Capturing intruders through packet inspection
Skill Level Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Why Cybersecurity?
4. Network Scanning
5. Network Connections
6. Vulnerability Scanning
7. Web Applications
8. Monitoring Packets
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.