OWASP maintains a top ten list of the most critical web application risks. In this video, learn what those risks are and the impact they can have on the security of an application.
- [Instructor] OWASP is one of the most prolific … influential organizations … when it comes to securing web applications. … The acronym stands for … Open Web Application Security Project. … The OWASP foundation is a not for profit organization … dedicated to helping developers and security professionals … around the world better understand … how to secure web applications. … In the two decades that OWASP has been around, … the organization has published a staggering number … of application security resources. … OWASP groups related resources into projects, … and they have three distinct project categories. … Flagship projects are the most mature, … most strategic resources OWASP has to offer. … Lab projects are more tactical than flagship projects. … They include specific tools and documentation resources … that have found a large population of interested users. … Incubator projects represent a playground … where forward thinkers can test out new ideas … and hopefully produce something …
- Security frameworks
- OWASP Top Ten
- Building Security In Maturity Model (BSIMM)
- Planning your testing projects
- Creating security policies
- Source code reviews
- Application threat modeling
- Offline testing for OWASP Top Ten vulnerabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
DevSecOps: Automated Security Testingwith James Wickett1h 35m Intermediate
Security Testing Essential Trainingwith Jerod Brennen2h 48m Beginner
Security Testing: Nmap Security Scanningwith Mike Chapple1h 46m Intermediate
What you should know1m 17s
1. Leading Practices
2. Security Documentation
3. Source Code Security Reviews
4. Offline Testing for the OWASP Top Ten (2017)
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.